Every woman wish to confirm pregnancy as early as she could. Pregnancy can be exciting yet stressful to one’s life. Each woman experiences during pregnancy are unique. Early diagnosis and early signs of pregnancy is necessary to rule out any deviations from the normal process. .
Early Signs of Pregnancy
Signs and symptoms of pregnancy can be classified under presumptive , probable and positive signs
These are the signs and symptoms resembles pregnancy but can be due to other conditions too:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Frequent urination
- Breast tenderness
These are the signs and symptoms most likely due to pregnancy.
- Positive human chronic gonadotropin in urine.(HCG)
- Chadwick’s sign.
- Stretch marks.
- Palpation of gravid uterus from 12 weeks.
- Positive signs.
- Signs which can be only due to pregnancy.
Tests to Confirm Pregnancy
- Ultra sound scan
- Trans vaginal scan
- Palpation of foetal parts in Vaginal examination
- Audible Foetal heart sounds on a Doppler