Digital India is a sheer blessing for all of us, and there is no doubt about that. The digitalization has a huge contribution in making our lives smoother. Here is the shout out to the innovation of e Blood Bank under Digital India campaign. Our government understands the emergency needs and requirements of we people, and that is why it has come up with this portal for us to check the availability of blood units of respective blood groups online with the various blood banks.
Check Blood Units in Blood Bank
This is one of the initiatives under the Digital India campaign run by the Government of India to make our lives better. You simply need to follow the following procedure in order to get the blood bank status online:
- Visit the e Blood Bank Portal http://ors.gov.in/ebloodbankportal/?ln=E
- From the drop down, you can select the state where you live in or the state where there is the requirement of blood.
- Once the state has been selected, the names of various blood banks of the particular state, with the district will appear along with the option to view the contact details and the status of availability of blood units.
- You can choose the blood bank that best suits your needs and requirements closest to you, from the various options available.
- In order to check the availability of the blood units in a particular blood bank, one needs to click the “BLOOD STATUS” option right next to the “CONTACT” option of the particular blood bank. The availability at the particular time and date with the quantity of the respective blood groups will be shown in the box.
- To get the further details, click the “CONTACT” option the blood bank. The complete information as a hover box will appear, containing the details such as name of the blood bank, its address, person to be contacted (MOIC), phone numbers – mobile and telephone, and an email id for you to easily get in touch with the appropriate person.
- Based on the requirement, one can call the authorities and do the needful.
At present this service is available in Chandigarh, Delhi, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, and Tripura.
Spread the information with the people who are in need and otherwise, to help save their lives.
“Helping a person will not necessarily change the world, but it will change the world for that person.”
Government of India has also come up with ORS i.e. Online Registration System. It is a framework which aims to link all the hospitals on pan India level for the purpose of registration and appointment of the patients based on their Adhaar Number. Also, the Online Registration System has digitalized the counter based OPD registration and appointment through HIMS i.e. Hospital Management Information System.
“Mera desh badal raha hai, aAge badh raha hai.”